Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm still here!

This is just a quick note while my boss isn't looking to say that I'm still here! I was unable to skate for most of September and October and NHRD has been on their off-season for November and December. We just had our season kickoff league meeting last night and we are ready to rock and roll for a super exciting 2011 season! Our first practice is tomorrow night and, Sod's Law, Mr. Carnate and I are closing on our first house that day. Only a handful of things in life trump derby but that's one of them.

I hope to get a post in this weeknd before my first practice on Monday but that will depend on Comcast's ability to keep their promise about turning on our interwebz on Friday.

See you all SOON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I'm new to derby and just wondering if you could help me out. I skate with a league that seems to be very rough on the FM, and the first few months are generally spent trying to scare them off.
I've been there several months but find myself frequently injured. Pulled groin, strained hamstring, twisted ankle, swollen knees, etc. I'm just wondering- in your opinion- do you think this is just how it goes in the beginning, or do you think it may be a sign that derby is not for me? I am 36 and wonder sometimes if I'm just too out of shpae and need to try again next season, after I get myself in shape. Any thoughts? You can just post the reply here if you'd like.

Thanks again,
Freshly Ground Meat