Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wiff TAH-DAH!

This is just to short post to say just how proud I am of my league, New Hampshire Roller Derby. Today we graduated from the WFTDA Apprentice Program and became a full member of the association.

This is the culmination of almost exactly three years of work on the part of many many women. This is a very exciting time for us and while I had very little part in the work that was done, and I'm not a "full" scrimmaging skater yet I can't say enough how happy this makes me.

CONGRATS NHRD! You earned it! :-D

See the full press release from WFTDA HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aren't teens on skates amazing? all that texting and skating backwards and speed skating? i love to watch, just for the anthropological insight into teen culture. and skating in and out of them are great practice for derby.