Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stitches, Needles, and Dirty Word Cupcakes

I may as well get the obvious out of the way before I start. I've spent the better part of this weekend trying to tweak the template of this blog. It's harder than it looks to someone with basic HTML and CSS knowledge; easier than it looks if you go in and actually try to rewrite the widgets themselves >.<

Note to self: You are not a programmer. Leave that crazy stuff to Mr. Carnate

So, after more hours than I care to admit playing around with this, it's finally finished. Now that I have a derby name that I am 99% sure will get approved since I have a letter from the next closest name on TwoEvils, I thought I'd spice things up a bit.

On Saturday, DKB and I made the trek down to Worcester to visit Central Mass Roller Derby who was sponsoring an alternative craft fair called "Stitches, Needles, and Guns". We made it to the fair by about 11ish and went in to help Pixie with her table for Jenaration Creations.

The fair was amazing. CMRD had 40 vendors in the venue and had to turn more away due to lack of space. There were both derby and non-derby artisans there selling everything from chocolate truffles, to metal spiders, to fight club soap.

And dirty word cupcakes. Yes, you heard me. Without going into too much detail take one delicious, moist cupcake. Add icing reading one of several vulgar words. Enjoy.

After a stroll around the whole venue and much deliberation I didn't end up buying anything. DKB, Pixie, and I took turns at the Jenaration Creations table where Pixie was selling ball bearing jewelry, skull barrettes, charm garters, hairbands, and custom painted clothing. We spent the afternoon schmoozing with customers and talking them into buying things. It was a great day.

On the way home DKB and I stopped and had dinner at Bugaboo Creek. BBQ Chicken Nachos have never tasted so good. I really enjoyed the opportunity to get to know two more NHRD skaters a bit better. I'm looking forward to Heartbreaker's this coming Friday! :-D

2 comments:

Callaluna said...

You seriously did not buy Mr. Carnate a cupcake??? And he let you back in the house when you got home???

Helen Carnate said...

I brought him some!! He had his choice of a "Shit" or "Hell" cake! :-D