Sunday, January 31, 2010

6.75 inches

Now now... I know what some of you may be thinking and that's not it. I decided when I started my derby odyssey I decided that I wasn't going to track my weight. I knew that my weight would probably go up, if anything - at least at the beginning - because I'd be building muscle.

Instead I decided to take all, and I mean ALL, of my measurements: upper arms, forearms, max chest, under chest, upper and lower belly, hips, upper thigh, lower thigh, and hips. I measured everything the weekend before my first practice.

It's now four full weeks later and I'm pleased to say that I've lost a total of 6.75 inches from everywhere. It's only a one month difference so I'm sure there is some margin of measuring error but I tried to take meticulous notes on where, exactly, to measure.

I've got a long way to go but it keeps me motivated to think about what I've accomplished so far, being the weight I am, and how much "easier" everything will be 75 pounds from now. That's like giving a ten year old a piggyback! I'm not measuring weight because I could really care less what that number is. It's much more about how I feel (yes, and how I look).

In other news, at open skate a bunch of us were practicing slides in preparation for our assessments this week. I didn't notice but my right kneepad was out of place. I did a rockstar slide with with Michele/Neon and only partially landed on my right knee pad. Ow.

Who needs ice packs when you have packages of shelled edamame in the freezer?

1 comment:

Callaluna said...

Oy, we're so modern these days. Remember when a bag of plain old frozen peas would have done the trick? :P Congrats on the toning up! I have found every inch you have lost. Lemme know if you want them back!