Sunday, January 24, 2010

Photo shoot!

I went to my very first NHRD photoshoot today. It is WAY too soon for me to get my photos done but I wanted to go A) To get to know some of the people on the league better than I could during practice) and B) To see what different people do and the process they go through before it's my turn.

After a snafu with the start time I made it to Manchester by about 11:30 which turned out to be way early. I ran into Trixie while I was buying something to drink in CVS next door to the studio where we were doing the shoot. She knew who I was which was nice - sometime I feel like I should wear my helmet with my name on it at all times for derby functions. :-P

We were let into the studio a bit early and I helped her get setup. Pixie showed up a bit later followed closely by Bettie and Vicious (the lovely hair and makeup artists). I designated myself as munchie go-fer but was glad I got to watch most of the shoot. Pixie, Tank'd, Tiara, Chicana, DKB, Roxie, StingHer, and Honey all had shots done. Everyone is so creative! I can't wait to see the new shots on the FABULOUS new website Trixie is working on. I'm hoping I'll be able to find a cool enough name (don't want to post my ideas until they're submitted) and a theme to go with it.

We went to Margaritas afterward for some noms and adult beverages. I had a taco salad which was nice despite being a bit heavy on the cilantro. Pixie had some extra seasoning in her salad in the form of a soggy, cilantro-covered receipt. I had a great time and really enjoyed the chance to get to known Trixie, Pixie, Bettie, Roxie, and DKB a bit better. Thanks for letting the freshie tag along!

In other news I went out and acquired a 65 cm inflatable exercise ball last night. I've got it all blown up now I just need to make some space in the living room. I think Trixie is going to send me some back exercises too. I'm frustrated that I'm having to drop out of some drills early because of my back and want to do what I can to make the issue go away - or at least get a little bit better.

Rules training and off-skates calisthenics this week. Butt... prepare to be kicked again!

1 comment:

Callaluna said...

You ever been to a chiropractor? You might think about it, since you're clearly gonna keep heaping abuse, ahem, I mean healthy exercise upon your body. A chiropractor might make you feel better and also can work with you on strengthening exercises. At the very least, I bet it would feel nice!