Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How awesome is Riedell?

After another frustrating, painful practice last night I came home and made a post on my Facebook page.

"I think it's time to visit a foot doctor. New skates are still 2-4 weeks away unless I can sweet talk someone at Riedell to make them faster! Foot pain is changing now. It started as a cramp but now it's starting to become sharp under my arch and just north of my toes if I flex my foot. Happens off skates too and I haven't been able to stretch it out. :-S"

The "Riedell" bit was tagged because I'm "friends" with their company's Facebook page. This morning, a couple hours after I got to work I received a direct message from someone by the name of Zach who worked for Riedell. He had been checking their account and saw that I had tagged them in a post.

He sent me a very nice note explaining that they have hit a busy patch and that any boots that are out of stock will have a lead time of about 4-5 weeks to get produced. Obviously my sweet talking failed but he did offer to check on my order if I gave him some details and see where it was at in production.

I sent him the basics on my order and thanked him profusely for his excellent customer service. A few hours later I got a message back that my custom boots (in two different sizes) are in the finishing department having the outsoles attached and that they would be finished in roughly 7-10 days. Tack on a few more for shipping and he estimates that they'll arrive in Nashua the week of April 14th.

Working in distribution myself I know there is likely a little flexibility in those dates but I'm still SUPER excited! You don't get that level of customer service most places these days so major props to Zach and the rest of the gang at Riedell for going the extra mile!

Going to do some super stretching tonight. Everything from my knees down feels really really unpleasantly tight. In fact, I am going to be good and go get on the bike for 30 minutes. The elliptiwotsit (as Mr. Carnate dubbed it a couple of years ago) is currently blocked in by four winter tires and the stock exhaust for his car. Sigh.


Even though I didn't have a very good practice last night I was very glad to see my NHRD sisters. I missed everyone loads while I was away!

No comments: