Sunday, March 14, 2010

New kneepads!

I have been on the hunt for knee pads that would fit my "big girl" legs since at least January. I bought Protec Streets because they were cheap. They never fit particularly well but the more I wore them the worse the fit got. Because I can't close the bottom strap around my calf they constantly slide down. The top strap constantly rolls and cuts off circulation to the back of my legs.

I have tried on XL 187's, Triple 8's, and even some custom knee pads which I was | | this close to ordering. I had heard that Rector Fat Boys were great for larger girls but I'd never had the opportunity to try them on. One of the soon-to-be freshies had some that I tried on at open skate tonight and they FIT!

I got home from open skate and immediately ordered some. They will likely arrive while I'm traveling for work but I can't wait to try them out when I get back! :-D

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you found some, I can only imagine how bad the other ones were!!

Fist City Kitty said...

I use Fat Boys. I have used them for about 2 years and love them

Mousling said...

I have and LOVE those. Sadly, I need to get a new pair because I left a giant chunk of mine in Austin. Don't land on screws, it's bad for your knee pads.

Helen Carnate said...

Awesome! Thanks everyone for your comments. I hear a rumor that Rector was going out of business and that these wouldn't be made any longer which I hope isn't true. While the idea is that my legs will evetually be able to fit into "normal" kneepads, I really want something that will give me confidence. My Protec Streets definitely don't!

Dee Stortion said...

I dunno if they are going out of businesss, but I do know that a lot of distributors aren't carrying them like they used to.... for whatever reason. I skated in them for a season, they were pretty good except really long for my short stubby legs. :-)